Friday, March 27, 2015

TEA TIME IN THE GARDEN

 I have always been in love with the idea of English Tea Parties. My only memories of tea parties were a childs tea my mother did for my sister and I , when we were very young. My Home Ec teacher  used to call it a tea when our last class was graded on table settings and we baked peanut butter cookies and invited other teachers as guests. I have been to one or two formal teas held at hotels.

My friend and neighbor recently had an Alice in wonderland themed party for her birthday. I made up several tea related quizes and games and we gave out prizes. It was a very nice event. Since then I have been obsessed with the idea of having tea parties more routinely.
 This is the tea set I have ordered with an extra set of 4 cups and saucers. I like that it looks so very vintage. I am a 1940's girl at heart. Its supposed to take 5 months to get here because of a port strike somewhere. I am not happy about that. I just hope it arrives so I can use it for my Grand Opening of The June Goodwin Memorial Little Free Library that I want to have when my husband gets home from Antarctica.
This is one of the table cloths I have . I have the sheer one on top, and I have two satin ones in this color called Hemlock. I am absolutely in love with this color. It was hard to come by but I have it and adore it. I've been collecting many tea accouterments . So I should have a lovely table once it all comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment