Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'LL HAVE ANOTHER......KATHY'S NOT SO TRADITIONAL MINT JULIP RECIPE

In Honor of the Kentucky Derby
and the incredible win by "I'll Have Another"
I liked "Hansen" to win and Bodie as well. It was a good race, and I was happiest that no horses were injured this year. The track here stopped making Julips a few years ago, I have no idea why. So I was forced to make my own in keeping with Derby Tradition. Last years recipe was a bit to syrupy so here is what I came up with this year.

KATHY'S NOT SO TRADITIONAL MINT JULIP
**MAKES 1 DRINK**

1 gallon ziplock bag of ice powdered
lemon drop sugar to rim the glass
2 shots Gaetano Creme de menthe ( Clear)
2 Shots Triple Sec
1 shot Bourbon ( I used Wellers)
1 spritz of Lemon lime soda if drink is to strong
a dusting of nutmeg
and a mint sprig to garnish

Directions:
wet rim of glass and dip in sugar. Pack glass with ice tight. In a shaker mix creme de menthe, triple sec, bourbon. Shaken not stirred!! Pour over ice, dust with nutmeg and a mint sprig for garnish.

To powder ice, either pulverize it in a blender, or put  ice in ziplock wrap a towel around it and beat with a hammer til its powdered

No comments:

Post a Comment