Friday, October 28, 2011

TIS THE SEASON FOR GOURMET PUMPKIN

I read about Pumpkin Ale and became obsessed with trying it in some recipes. I tasted a teaspoon full it tastes just like beer, after you swallow you get a nice delicate taste of pumpkin pie spice in the finish.
I am a big fan of World Market.
I love all the interesting seasonal items they put out.
This soup mix looks very interesting.
All you need to add is pumpkin puree and heavy cream.
I plan to make one as directed with the heavy cream,
the other I will use Pumpkin Ale

UPDATE:11/20/11

I made this today using the Pumpkin Ale and the Heavy Cream. It came out incredible. This soup and a nice artisan bread, Perfecto!

Last year I made Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
from Scratch and it was wonderful.
I picked up these seasonal pasta sauces
for the pantry so I have a quick fall meal on hand.
I like tossing in crumbled bacon or diced pancetta
into the pasta.
Last Thanksgiving I made a fall
Harvest Butternut Squash Lasagna with Italian sausage.
Everyone is still talking about how good it was
and asking me to make it again.

I have a pretty good collection of Torani Syrups at this point. They always have unique flavors that can be used for more than flavoring coffees and Italian sodas. This Pumpkin Pie syrup was a must have for the Fall season. I didn't notice til I got home it was sugar free. So to me its flavor is weaker.


I happened to be walking thru WalMart and saw the Fall Baking display they had up. I had never seen this Pumpkin spice pudding so I picked up 8 boxes to have on hand. I am thinking I can layer vanilla wafers (just like you would making banana pudding) and make mini pudding pumpkin pies. I had to pick up the Pumpkin Pie Spice just because...

No comments:

Post a Comment