Friday, July 15, 2011

GARDEN CAT COTTAGE TURTLE

What pretty color contrast stripes she has.


Her belly is yellow.


What a lovely arrowhead design down the middle.


The entire pattern looks like an Egyptian scarab.

With her large size its estimated she is about 5-6 years old




Today I was driving with one of my clients and I thought I saw a turtle on the side of the road. I asked if he minded if we turned around so I could check it out. Sure enough it was a turtle. I picked it up and put it in the back seat of the car.
The turtle is pretty good size I'd say 12 inches long 10 inches wide. I sent pictures to a site I saw online and within 45 mins. I got a response:

That's a female Red-eared Slider.

Tim Cole(512) 83-SNAKE



www.austinherpsociety.org



www.AustinReptileExpo.com/www.AustinReptileService.net ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>
She is in my backyard and tomorrow I will try and find a water receptacle appropriate for her. I have always wanted a turtle for the garden. I hope the garden and this type of turtle
are compatible. I am going to do my very best to give her a happy and healthy habitat


I just have to find a name for her now.

No comments:

Post a Comment