Friday, December 25, 2009

STUFFED KOHLRABI



I trimed off the stems and cut the Kohlrabi in half. I cored out the pulp with a melon baller. Diced the pulp and sauted it til tender in butter with salt and pepper. I then mixed in the meat mixture . Heated it thru and stuffed the raw kohlrabi shells.

Meat Filling
1 large onion, chopped
1 tb garlic
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground sausage
salt and pepper

There are 2 sauces that can be used with this. A regular Spaghetti Sauce or a Cream Sauce. You may use your preference.



Cooking: Since I love my crockpot this is my prefered method. Basically place stuffed kohlrabi in crockpot and cover with a jar of purchased Spaghetti/ alfredo sauce cook on low. 4-6 hrs

also you may cook in oven at 350 for 45-60 mins til tender.

** Kohlrabi has a taste like sweet turnip. Very mild.



No comments:

Post a Comment