Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Troika "Russian Food in Montreal"







Anyone seeking Russian flamboyance in a dramatic setting has found the right place. The décor is wall-to-wall red and gold velvet—somewhat decadent and spy novel secretive. It makes for a cozy yet intriguing evening, especially when influenced by a couple of flavoured vodkas. The menu is Franco-Russian exile-style, exemplified by a revisionist blend of Beef Stroganoff on linguine with a side of broccoli, carrots and snow peas. Service is friendly and professional, and the vodka smooth.




I was very impressed by the decor it was very luxurious. The plates were monogramed and the serving pieces and utensils were a fantastic hand hammered pattern. Even the bathroom was nice.


I am a Caviar kinda gal




For my starter I had a beet Borsht which was very good. My husband had a brothy soup with meat stuffed dumplings. My husband is the Connosieur of Russian Food since he has worked in Russia for many years. He loved the homemade bread rolls they served with real butter.



For my main course I had Salmon topped with Caviar and watercress with a creamy sauce ,snow peas and asparagus. It was absolutely fabulous and it was the best meal of the entire trip. For Dessert I had a Crepe filled with ricotta cheese and raisins and coffee from the samovar.





My husband had the famed Beef Stroganoff and he was not disappointed, It was wonderful.



We would both whole heartedly recommend Troika. The ambiance was perfect. The service impeccable and the food was the best in Montreal. It is also one of the oldest restaurants in Montreal.


No comments:

Post a Comment